[Interop-dev] Discussion is still!

Mitar (spam-protected)
Sat Apr 28 11:02:01 CEST 2012

Hi!

> I personally don't fancy this freedom / libre / liberty names cos they
> remind projects like "freedombox" that aims at anonimity, privacy and
> stuff like that.

+1

> If we want the name to be as much precise as possible, it should contain
> the word net,

+1

>   * netsoup
>   * netwow
>   * open netsoup
>   * open network

netzaap
netstate
netifier
netgrower
netearth
netgaia
netplanet

> I propose to find the best candidates on which there's consensus

I propose voting through:

http://www.cs.cornell.edu/w8/~andru/civs/

It allows voting through each of us ranking their preferences and then
it computes the result. In this way it is not only black/white voting of
all or nothing, but it tries to maximizes everybody satisfaction.

In this way we also do not need to search for best candidates first.
Just list all of them.

> and do a final vote in 3 weeks.

Yes. We should make strict deadlines so that things do not get too long.
I propose that we have a week brainstorming period everybody new and old
on this mailing list can write its proposals to the etherpad bellow
(please also add if some domain name is free). And then we have a two
week voting period.

What do you think?

I would ask all to again and now invite all you might know to be
interested in this subject to join the mailing list so that they will
have chance to participate in all the process from the very beginning.

> We will have to start working on the code soon.
> Names are written here:
> http://titanpad.com/interop

Mitar