[Interop-dev] [B.A.T.M.A.N.] collaboration-group on batman-adv installation & application

Guido Iribarren (spam-protected)
Sat Apr 28 09:09:26 CEST 2012

> 19 apr 2012 kl. 18:39 skrev 3zl Trizonelabs:
>
>> I would like to organize a kind of collaboration-site on all practical
>> aspects of batman-adv installation.
>>
>> It could be a platform to discuss, interchange know how dealing with
>> all aspects of batman-adv mesh application

A maillist + wiki sounds too oldskool?
I like the surprising visibility that pipermail archives have on
google searches,
and OTOH i personally read & write emails on several (mobile) devices,
while AJAX webguis restrict my collaboration to the few times i'm
sitting in front of a computer.

maybe do something 'inside' the interop project, so that there's space
to share config snippets and talk about use cases,
which serves two purposes:
1) we can help each other solve here&now the challenges we are facing
building the networks, until the interop team develops a common
solution..
2) the experiences can feed the development process of the common solution.

The actual interop wiki sounds compatible and welcoming:
'This site is as a common wiki, playground, drawing board, ideas
thrasher and everything else for different aspects of open networks
interoperability and cooperation.'

To keep things tidy, should we nest everything under
http://interop.wlan-si.net/wiki/WikiSquatters/  ?
;)

What do you interop-people think? If it sounds too OT, do you have any
pointer to give?

Guido