[Interop-dev] domain name / project name

L. Aaron Kaplan (spam-protected)
Thu Apr 12 21:53:33 CEST 2012

On Apr 12, 2012, at 9:35 PM, Mitar wrote:

> Hi!
>
>> So, we have *equal* number of votes for netbang.org, nodesoup.
>
> Where are you counting this?
>
> http://titanpad.com/interop

(...)

nodebang.org - Mario, Federico, G10h4ck
netbang.org - Musti, Mario, Federico, G10h4ck
nodewatcher - Mitar, Musti, Kostko
nodesoup - Mario, Federico, DDub, Aaron
netsoup ?
nodebong - sfasciacool
nodejob - G10h4ck
nodestarter.org
buildacommunity.net
commoni.net (Common Community Net)
commonity.net
your-net.org
younet.org - for sale
planet-net.org
netigniter.org
ignitenet.org
buildnet.org (maybe a good domain for the overall project, but for software something else)
createnet.org

netcomma (network community manager)
netcommand
mesh-alliance.com

(...)

The other voting roung (who decided about multiple voting rounds.... geeeez!) got *STUCK*

>> I registered two domains:
>
> Sorry. We haven't yet decided on voting, so you are doing this too fast.
> I really do not understand why are you so in hurry. And just do things
> impulsively without discussing? I cannot support this.

Mitar, weren't you the guy with rough consensus and running code and against too much voting?
Code counts...

> I am sorry that you bought the domains, but we should really do this
> things in a better way. If we are voting, we have to decide: who is
> voting, how long are we voting and how are we voting. And definitely
NO!
sorry, if you start to play any grassroots democracy games with voting forever and blocking people from proceeding because you always have a veto and always can add yet another veto, then I am out of here.
These processes do not lead anywhere.

Accept it or don't .. I don't care.
The domain names are bought.

a.