[Interop-dev] Great outcome! Let's decide on a name

Federico Capoano (spam-protected)
Tue Apr 3 12:35:39 CEST 2012

Am I having a dejavu? Didn't we talk about this already guys? lol!

I was trying to elaborate on the netcom-something name because I like
the idea of a name that is related to "network community manager".

Netcomm, netman, netcom.

Mesh alliance is cool but maybe is not suited to this software we want
to build.

I think the word ignite is not very well known by non-native english
speakers.

Nodesoup? Who had this idea? I like it! :-) It's not as serious as all
the other ones (except netbang eheh), is easy to remember cos funny.
Also soup could be correct because we are actually making a soup of
different code and different wireless communities! EHEH

Il 03/04/2012 12.07, L. Aaron Kaplan ha scritto:
> I prefer a new name because nodewatcher is associated strongly with
> WLAN Slovenia.  So that is in my head sort of reserved already.
>

> A.
> ---
> Mobile
>

> On 03.04.2012, at 10:21, Mitar <(spam-protected)> wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> As one of developers of nodewatcher system I just want to say that it is
>> OK with us if we continue to use the nodewatcher name. We do not hold
>> any exclusivity over it. The whole project and current refactoring into
>> pluggable system was envisioned as a gift to all communities.
>>
>> For interop-dev task force we have already made the GitHub account:
>>
>> https://github.com/interop-dev
>>
>> And there is a general interop page too:
>>
>> interop.wlan-si.net
>>

>> Mitar
>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> it was great to meet you in Greece. I would like to follow up on the
>>> meeting. For me the most important outcome was, that we will work
>>> together for a common network/node map service and database. In order
>>> to get started we should decide on the name we want. I am pasting the
>>> suggested names below.
>>>
>>> What name? I took out the previous votes as we had a number of new
>>> suggestions and discussions after the first ones put up their name.
>>> Hope you agree. Please vote again in a final vote. The name should
>>> reflect somehow our goal - to make a platform communities and
>>> companies can use and with its help deploy networks.  Put your name
>>> after the proposals that you like. I think it is ok to vote several
>>> times. Let's say three votes per person? The current project of
>>> wlan-si is called nodewatcher. The current project of Ninux is called
>>> nodeshot. We want to combine the existing projects: Italian and
>>> Wlan-Si and possibly others.
>>>
>>> Below the list of suggestions. Please add your name on the Titanpad:
>>> http://titanpad.com/interop
>>>
>>> All the best,
>>>
>>> Mario
>>>

>>> nodebang.org
>>> nodestarter.org
>>> netbang.org
>>> buildacommunity.net
>>> nodesoup
>>> commoni.net (Common Community Net)
>>> commonity.net.net
>>> your-net.org
>>> younet.org - for sale
>>> planet-net.org
>>> netigniter.org
>>> ignitenet.org
>>> buildnet.org
>>> createnet.org
>>> nodewatcher
>>> netcomma.org (network community manager)
>>> netcommand.org

--

*Federico Capoano*
Web Designer & Web Developer