[Discuss] Hi. I want to start WiMAX mesh-network cell in Moscow

Sven-Ola Tuecke (spam-protected)
Mi Nov 4 20:02:45 CET 2009

Hey,

my alter ego (the profession sven-ola) told me, that you may buy those modems.
But WiMax supports only a heavily centralized network infrastructure. Which
basically means: No central access point - no network connection. Those
modems are simply not meant to connect to each other. You need the WiMax base
station as well. And that equipment normally costs ~$10.000 or such. In
short: I doubt, that buying that stuff will get you a ping from one modem to
the other. And I have not talked about frequency and licensing yet - which
may be OK in russia but at least here: those things operate in a heavily
regulated frequency domain AFAICT...

// Sven-Ola