[Discuss] Web interface to port forward with freifunk

Gregor Glashüttner (spam-protected)
Mo Mai 1 21:05:02 CEST 2006

Hi Michel!

2006/5/1, michel memeteau <(spam-protected)>:

SO i tried https://wiki.funkfeuer.at//index.php?title=Port-Forwarding_unter_FreiFunk
>   and the ipk , and it seems to well intergrate with the GUI , but all is
> in german , Who can I contact in order to help you to put in french ? What
> 's the current limitation of this port forward gui ?

I wrote this ipk and am glad to hear that it's also of use for somebody
else!
Current limitations:
-) Data entered is not checked for syntax. So its possible to enter "
i.dont.know" as IP-Adress, bigger port for start of range than end of range
(eg. 100000-15), etc. which would all give errors in iptables, which noone
would see.
-) iptables rules are only:
iptables -I FORWARD -p $PROTO --dport $DPORT -j ACCEPT
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p $PROTO -dport $DPORT -j DNAT --to-dest
$DESTIP
I'm no firewall-guru, so i don't know if this causes any problems
-) Only way to delete port-forwarding is reboot
-) No documentation
-) No translations
Since i don't speak french, i can only offer to translate to english, would
that help?

Greetings from Vienna!
Gregor

--