[Wien] ipv6 with olsrd2?

Matthias Šubik (spam-protected)
Di Aug 15 11:43:46 CEST 2017

let me have a guess ...
> On 11 Aug 2017, at 15:37, Gui Iribarren <(spam-protected)> wrote:
>
> On 11/08/17 13:43, Christian Pock wrote:
>>

>> For some reason, not all routers running olsr2 are reachable via IPv6. As far as we found out, this is related to the  setting "WDS bridge" on Ubiquiti-Antennas running AirOS 6 or earlier (with must be enabled). So in case there's a node listed in the "olsr2 cloud", a missing WDS-bridge-enabled setting could cause that the node is not available (highlighted blue in the listing and map).
>
> yeah, "WDS" must always be enabled on all bridges (in some AirOs
> versions is called "Transparent bridge mode") or funny things happen in
> IPv6 world

I don’t know AirOS, but I guess if disabled, it filters ethernet multicast, this kills neighbour discovery, which is essential for normal IPv6 operation.
If you debug IPv6, please take into account the subtile differences between IPv4 and IPv6 on layer two.

TL;DR: ARP reachability is not v6 reachability.

just a little reminder,
Matthias