[Wien] Hello from South Africa

Clemens Hopfer (spam-protected)
Mo Mär 23 18:42:18 CET 2015

Hi,

Am Sonntag, 22. März 2015, 22:41:47 schrieb Ferdi De Beer:
> My name is Ferdi and i have my own IT company in South Africa.  We are a
> wireless internet service provider for the past 3 years.
>
> Me and my wife is moving to Austria vienna end of this year and i would like
> to be part of this project. I have lost of experience in wireless.  We use
> Mikrotik as routers and Ubiquiti products.

welcome to our community, nice to hear from you.

Our network is mainly based on Ubiquity devices with custom/adapted firmware
and Mikrotik/Ubiquity backhaul, we're using the olsrd.org routing protocol for
meshing.

Every monday evening (~19-20h) we have a small 'newcomer-meeting' at the
Metalab[1] near the Viennese Town Hall, I won't be there today but I hope that
I have time next Monady.

You might also want to subscribe to our mailing list[0] to be able to post
without being moderated. Most mails are in german, though.

Best regards,
Clemens

[1] http://metalab.at

--