[Wien] Fwd: Re: [core] OpenBTS on USRPv1

overflo (spam-protected)
Mo Jan 9 16:18:58 CET 2012

hi wiener funkfeuerfreunde.
anbei eine email aus brno :)

:*
-flo

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [core] OpenBTS on USRPv1
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2012 15:23:12 +0100
From: Martin Janovskı <(spam-protected)>
To: Clemens Hopfer <(spam-protected)>, (spam-protected),
(spam-protected)
CC: Florian Bittner <(spam-protected)>

Hi guys,

I'd like to join the FunkFeuer meeting tonight at Metalab.
I'm a telecommunications student in Brno and I need to narrow down the
scope of my diploma thesis.
I chose to play with GSM through the use of the USRP HW.

I have at my service:
1x USRP 1 (USB connected)
2x RFX900 boards already installed in the USRP
I'm thinking of later expanding this tool set with a phone that can run
the network monitor mode or even an Osmocom-capable phone.

I'd appreciate if someone gave me couple minutes of their precious time
and helped me setup the basic toolchain for GSM pentesting on my laptop.

The best outcome for me would be to connect with communities that
actively work on understanding the GSM system and get a chunk of
meaningful work assigned to me.

People like KarsMartin Jten Nohl and Chris Paget call for others to
pentest their local cellphone providers. I'd like to do just that, if
nothing more sophisticated.

I'll be glad for any kick-start momentum from people who have experience
in the field already. I suffer from the lack of motivation, when I try
working alone.

Best regards,
Martian, Brno, Czech Republic
BTW: I'm now happy to represent the first Brno hackerspace (called
BASE48). I'll spread the word later..