[Wien] Jedlesdorfer strasse 99

Gregor Glashüttner (spam-protected)
Di Nov 1 19:25:37 CET 2011

Hi Alex,

please keep the list in the CC: resp. use the "Reply to list" or "Reply
to all" function of your mail client. You will get more response than
asking just one person (me) ;-)

Am 31.10.2011 10:05, schrieb vit yast:
> Thanks for your reply.
> I'm at Jedlesdorfer Strasse 99/29.

Hm, our Antennas are at 99/33. Are you scanning 2,4 or 5 GHz? I assume
your windows are directed to the west and you probably only receive some
reflections on 2,4GHz since you are on the back side of the building
from our antenna´s view. You´ll probably need an Router to establish a
connection but you can try with your notebook first of course.

> I am working late on Mondays, so if there is a chance to help me be e-mail
> - I would be grateful,
> or maybe I could come to someone of your members who lives near me and ask
> for advice, if I will not manage myself.
> I downloaded the olsr software, and hope to install it in the evening.
> How can I register with your network?

We usually want to see every person participating in the network at
least once at our regular meetings (mondays as i wrote). It is vital to
us to explain how the network works to prevent (accidential?) abuse. How
long do you work? Usually there´s always someone at Metalab until late
in the evening (most times at least until 10pm, sometimes even midnight).
Registering with the network means receiving an account for our user
database, where you can acquire an IP Address.
I´m very short on time usually so i´m sorry i can´t offer you another
meeting than monday. We´ll see if someone else on the list finds some
other time or if the board decides to offer you another way of receiving
an account.

Regards,
Gregor

--