[Wien] Tunnel/vlan setup on routerboards - workshop - Di 12.02

Jan Sawicki (spam-protected)
Mi Feb 11 14:00:02 CET 2009

Let me know if you want to attend !!!!!

Discussed will be:

Short description with live examples of setup we plan for freebone nodes.

1. direct EoIP (ethernet over IP) tunnels from freebone nodes to uplinks (n
tunnels for n uplinks ?)

2. OSPF routing between freebone nodes so ^^ tunnels will always find they
way to go.

3. links monitoring and SMS/email notification of failure

4. guidelines for building freebone nodes (aluboxes, good quality
antennas/cables, poe, tape sealed connectors, maybe small UPS'es(buffor
netzteil) for really important nodes)

advantages:

- perfect intergration with existing OLSR network, simplicity

- flexibility and not much overhead

- setup proven to work in large networks

disadvantages:

- not open source

- we have to pay for x86 routeros license on uplinks