[Nodedb-interop] Database shema of Nodewatcher

Jernej Kos (spam-protected)
Mon Jun 13 22:11:47 CEST 2011

Hello!

On 06/13/2011 01:30 PM, L. Aaron Kaplan wrote:
> I understand it a little bit now. But I am not sure if I got it 100%.
> This all sounds very very much like LDAP to me now.
> Would it be possible to define all of this what you want in LDAP?

Yes it is actually somewhat similar to LDAP because of its tree
structure and extensible entry classes, but the current implementation
is based on Django's ORM. So it would definitely be possible to define
this in LDAP if one would want to do it that way.

The major point (and the reason we need this) is that nodewatcher v3
schema needs to be easily extensible by modules. It should also enable
automatic form generation and validation for this schema.

Jernej