[Nodedb-interop] Frontend for common node database

Ramon Roca (spam-protected)
Tue Jul 12 00:06:25 CEST 2011

I agree on almost everything. Any database should have frontends, and as
many tools around this as possible. Generally speaken, the people choose
a nioce framework development tool, builds apps with it, and by that is
more than enough, but for this purpose this is not the right approach,
this is what led every community to reinvent the wheel again and again
and blocked for reusing our respective developments between us.

Thinking for an effective and long-term solution we should (more or less
in order)

   1. Define a common database schema, extendeable and able to
      consolidate information for all of us, interoperable.
   2. Have a well defined API to interact with it through several ways,
      i.e. SOA, etc.
   3. Build a database interface to interact with it, but also connect
      existing apps to do the same, as well other can build other
      interfaces.

I know that by building on this way, will will have to wait much longer
for getting practical results, but ? I'm convinced that this is the
right path, and wish the best inspiration to all of you who are already
contributing with your effort ;)

Thanksfully,
Ramon.

Al 11/07/11 22:32, En/na Mitar ha escrit: