[Nodedb-interop] Licenses

Joseph Bonicioli (spam-protected)
Sun Sep 5 13:38:29 CEST 2010

I found in the past that most of them look absolutely the same in the sense
that they are very open and flexi in order to fit all sizes and
circumstances.

Guifi has done a very good job in incorporating many of those with a touch
of salt and pepper to fit Guifi network needs. Actually I found this so
useful that I deluged into a Spanish-Greek translation, since our networks
are very similar (from what I can grasp without visiting guifi).
The more I read it the more it rings bells and the more I feel familiar to
it.
What I want to hear is stories of how they applied this and what reactions
the have from users or group of users. In our experience this procedure is
very cumbersome.
We also had a lot of RFCs (let's call them that or Peering Agreements or
Directives not... Licenses) that they where mainly generated years ago and
where written (or collected) mostly by Mick Flemm (Nick Kosifidis). I dag up
and found the old mambo portal and I am polishing some of those. Not sure if
they are ever going to be used in the form we have taken as a network and
whether they are going to cause havoc, but I feel they should be there
ready.

I agree with Mitar it would be very constructive to put all our "wise" minds
and put down a Peering Agreement like this. We could even make a first use
for it when we interconnect with VPNs or Physical mediums.

JB