[Nodedb-interop] Let's start

Mitar (spam-protected)
Mon Nov 30 20:46:52 CET 2009

Hi!

We have prepared documentation for our schema. It is available here:

http://wlan-lj.net/wiki/Podrobnosti/NodeWatcher/Schema

I think the important thing is to define globally unique IDs for all
nodes in all systems which would not change during a lifetime of a node.
We are using UUIDs to achieve this.

In this way it is not just possible to interchange code/modules but also
data about nodes. So there could be someday also aggregating system for
all our systems (for example a global map of all nodes).

I could fork our schema documentation and it could start as a schema
draft where everybody would start adding your fields and discuss names
of common fields. We can use our wiki for that if you wish.

I think it would be also useful to invite also other wireless networking
groups to this. Especially overseas ones. What do you think?

Mitar