[Interop-dev] GSoC 2017 netjsongraph.js progress report 1

Xiang Gao (spam-protected)
Mon Jun 12 15:05:54 CEST 2017

I think d3 4.0 + three.js is the best choice currently.

Because they are both famous and iteration rapidly.

Pixi.js is also great but it only support 2d render, so if we want to expand our visualisation to 3D in the future, we can only choose three.js. Three.js is a library which lightweight webGL packaging in order to avoid writing WebGL directly that is very hard and verbose.

The problem of importing Sigma.js plugins lead me to give up this approaches. We should make our workflow which includes development by us and installation by users be very easy, for example, if we use webpack to build our project, we can run it just one line command, and if user want to use our lib in their project, just install and import it by one line code rather than downloading it from website and use <scripts> to import.

I don’t know if I have explained it clear.

Xiang