[Interop-dev] [Olsr-dev] NetJSON Update for OLSRv2

Nemesis (spam-protected)
Fri Jan 13 17:22:45 CET 2017

On 07/26/2016 11:17 AM, Henning Rogge wrote:

[cut]

> Optional (Properties) keys for NetworkGraph objects:
> - router_addr: the IP address of the router generating the Network Graph
>
> Optional (Properties) keys for Node objects:
> - router_id: the route_id of the router responsible for the node (node
> might be an attached prefix)
> - router_addr: the IP address of the router responsible for the node
> (node might be an attached prefix)
> - type: might be "local" (the local router), "lan" (locally attached
> prefix), "node" (remote router) or "attached" (prefix attached to
> remote router)

I would like to suggest a couple of changes/addition to this solution
that would work and look better on existing visualizers implementations
(there's a few people using netjsongraph.js and django-netjsongraph).

1. local_addresses

The documented "local_addresses" list may be used to hold "router_addr";

the definition of local_addresses, according to the spec [1] is the
following:
"array of strings representing additional addresses (mac/ip) which can
be used to communicate with the node".

There's also an example containing local_addresses on the RFC [2].

2. label

id_{ip_address} looks bad when visualized, therefore I suggest to insert
the value of router_addr in the label attribute too.

[1]: http://netjson.org/rfc.html#rfc.section.4.1
[2]: http://netjson.org/rfc.html#rfc.appendix.A.2

I hope my suggestion is clear.

Federico