[Interop-dev] GSoC 2017 student application

GeekPlux (spam-protected)
Wed Feb 22 15:34:08 CET 2017

Great thanks for all.

Sounds very cool and useful. I don't know about wireless dev, but know a
generic data format is important. Do I need to understand OpenWISP2?

Xiang

Nemesis <(spam-protected)>于2017年2月22日周三 下午7:11写道:

On 02/22/2017 10:47 AM, GeekPlux wrote:
> thanks for the quick reply.
>
> You are right, massive issues would come if the project become hot. what
> I said is a snap judgement, sorry.
>
> So you are going to use NetJSON on wireless devices? Just curious

Yes, see "Introduction to OpenWISP2", the screencast shows NetJSON when
going in what is called "Advanced mode":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY097Y2cPQ0&index=2&list=PLPueLZei9c8_DEYgC5StOcR5bCAcQVfR8

That system is gaining quite a lot of interest.
If we could make netjsongraph.js more mature,I could easily reuse all
this work to build an optional module for network visualization in
OpenWISP2, this would bring several advantages and new opportunities:

* more people would use it
* more people could contribute to it
* people participating on the OpenWISP Mailing List
(https://groups.google.com/d/forum/openwisp) have been sending a lot of
feedback regarding the configuration part, if they do the same for the
network visualization part NetJSON and its ecosystem would benefit greatly
* it would be easier to find funds to keep working and improving
netjsongraph.js, the NetJSON NetworkGraph spec and all its related tools
in general

Federico