[Interop-dev] Fwd: Re: Color line of link

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Sat Apr 30 14:19:13 CEST 2016

On Sat, Apr 30, 2016 at 2:14 PM, Gabriel <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> We should standardize somehow the metric,  so we have one common metric
> value.
> Something like from 0 to 1, where 0 is no link and 1 is perfect link.

The DAT (Directional Airtime Metric) does not have an explicit range
like ETX... it is defined in "seconds per bit" (and converted into
bits/s for readability).

The metric with its current encoding can go from 2 Gbit/s to 128 bit/s.

There is no good way to say "this is the best one" because it depends
on your network technology.

Henning Rogge