[Interop-dev] RFC draft and next steps

Nemesis (spam-protected)
Fri Sep 11 19:20:00 CEST 2015

Hi everyone,

first of all, thank you for all your patience, feedback and support.

The first RFC draft is ready (complete with JSON-schemas) and you can
find it at http://netjson.org/rfc.html

There is a lot of work to do, but I believe we are much ahead compared
to a year ago.

In the next step I will work on implementing the DeviceConfiguration
object to find weak points, missing things and generally improve the spec.

I'll keep working on other issues too in parallel if I manage to have
some spare time, but I still encourage you to work on your own
implementations, come back here to report any feedback or problem.

I don't have all the answers for all the problems and I think we can't
find all the answers right now.
We designed NetJSON so that implementers can add their custom data to
it, so if anything is not present in the spec, add custom data to your
NetJSON implementation, write your consumer app, document it, publish it
and send it here.
Good solutions will likely emerge organically, gain consensus and be
selected as the best practice.

Keep up the good work!
Federico