[Interop-dev] netjson.org website (help us with search engine indexing)

Nemesis (spam-protected)
Wed Sep 2 15:15:16 CEST 2015

On 09/02/2015 04:46 AM, al wrote:

>> > Thank you very much al!
>> >
>> > I noticed the HTML <a> element has the rel="nofollow" attribute
>> > (probably put there automatically by mediawiki), which basically tells
>> > search engines "i am linking this website but I'm not endorsing it, it
>> > might be spam put here by random spammers".
>> >
>> > eg: <a *rel**="**nofollow**"* class="external text"
>> > href="http://netjson.org <http://netjson.org/>">NetJSON</a>official page.
>> >
>> > So wikis are not going to help for search engine indexing, but blogpost
>> > are going to help. I'll post one on the ninux blog asap...
> I changed in our mediawiki. We have a pretty good anti-spam control.
>
> In LocalSettings.php:
>  $wgNoFollowLinks = false;
>
> http://pool.wiki.guifi.net/wiki/NetJSON

Thanks you al, very appreciated.

it looks like the new netjson.org webpage is onthirdpage, it will take a
few months to go up to the first page, but it will take more effort to
get it into the first position.

Federico