[Interop-dev] Python packages

Jernej Kos (spam-protected)
Fri May 22 13:10:39 CEST 2015

Hello!

On 22. 05. 2015 12:21, Nemesis wrote:
> Initially I considered a few options:
>
>   * graphite
>   * opentsdb

Yes, I've also looked into all of those and found various problems with
it. And InfluxDB did not exist back then. So the current datastream
backend also uses MongoDB (or better, it uses TokuMX which supports data
compression), which I agree is not optimal for time-series storage.

But as I said, it can have different backends, so there could be an
InfluxDB backend that just exposed the same API.

> Many common functions (min, max, average, standard deviation, ecc.) are
> built into the SQL-like langauge:
> http://influxdb.com/docs/v0.8/api/aggregate_functions.html

Yes, we also have these in datastream, so these could map nicely to
InfluxDB.

Jernej