[Interop-dev] Python packages

Mitar (spam-protected)
Fri May 22 12:28:08 CEST 2015

Hi!

> I'm also interested in ujson. Which improvements are there? Will you try
> to merge them back in the official package?

Pull request is open:

https://github.com/esnme/ultrajson/pull/157

:-)

So, from PostgreSQL you can get raw GeoJSON. So there is no use in
parsing it first in Django into Python, and then serializing it again.
To speed up GeoJSON REST API, I patched ujson so that it can read
GeoJSON fields directly from PostgreSQL and then just dump it into REST
output. So no expensive GDAL conversions are needed.

https://github.com/wlanslovenija/nodewatcher/blob/development/nodewatcher/core/frontend/api/fields.py#L92
https://github.com/wlanslovenija/django-datastream/blob/master/django_datastream/serializers.py#L36

> Many common functions (min, max, average, standard deviation, ecc.) are
> built into the SQL-like langauge:
> http://influxdb.com/docs/v0.8/api/aggregate_functions.html

We have all that already working in datastream based on MongoDB. Maybe
you should try it out. :-) And it supports not just numeric values, but
also nominal and graph:

https://datastream.readthedocs.org/en/latest/usage.html#types

The reason is because we want a time-series of network topology through
time. :-)

Mitar

--
http://mitar.tnode.com/