[Interop-dev] hello new subscribers

L. Aaron Kaplan (spam-protected)
Tue May 19 18:18:53 CEST 2015

Hi new members to this list!

Let me start off with some brief history:

We started the interop-dev list some years ago now after a meeting of community wireless networks in Roma at ninux / fusolab. Basically the idea back then was that the community wireless networks are re-inventing their stuff all over the place in parallel. Since we are not financially powerful as large corporations or so, we need to be efficient with our time.

Hence the first idea to work on one node database. However, it turned out quickly that there was no single agreement on a single software: community wireless folks love to hack on "their" own open source system. So the next idea was to standardise an API or basic functionality.

And this is where we are now. I see fantastic progress by a couple of people, mostly Federico right now.

But... this being said, now it's your turn for the new members to this list to speak up!
Do you want to briefly introduce yourselves?
What brought you here? What motivates you? What do you want to see done? What do you want to contribute?

Thanks,
Aaron.