[Interop-dev] edge/endpoint/route weight/cost

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Wed Jun 10 14:10:57 CEST 2015

On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 11:54 AM, Nemesis <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Hi henning,
>
> On 06/03/2015 01:31 PM, Henning Rogge wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> another point came up during implementation.
>>
>> Olsrv2 use asymmetric link costs, which means it makes a difference to
>> ask for incoming or outgoing cost.
>
> Is this a novel feature?

This is an olsrv2 feature.

> I suppose normally cost means the cost to send a packet to a
> destination, right?

for a route, yes... but for an "edge" cost could mean different
things. I would just like to make it clear that we mean the outgoing
costs.

>> maybe we could rename the cost/weight keys so they make sure they mean
>> the outgoing cost? Incoming cost could be put into the properties
>> fields..
>
> If it's a new feature and not many protocols have it, yes we should use
> the properties object.

The "incoming cost" would definitely be a new feature...

Henning