[Interop-dev] Topology JSON

Nemesis (spam-protected)
Mon Feb 2 23:27:14 CET 2015

I was talking with Gabriele Gemmi who is helping me implementing NetJSON
to convert OLSR jsoninfo and batman alfred-vis into netjson.

We were considering defining another object specific to topolgy, because
the other is focused on routes.

Something like this object:
http://pad.eigenlab.org/p/netjson-topology

This reasoning came after Simon Wunderlich's feedback, written here:
http://pad.eigenlab.org/p/netjson-feedback

> *Simon Wunderlich:*
>
> It may be interesting to track neighbors per interface for multi-radio
> nodes as well, and track primary/secondary interfaces - at least this
> is what alfred/vis in batman-adv can do (check the illustrations):
> http://www.open-mesh.org/projects/open-mesh/wiki/Alfred#batadv-vis In
> general it sounds like a good idea to have a single format to feed
> different drawing applications, although I'm not enough involved in
> these kind of things to judge the usefulness. For alfred-vis we have
> two formats, one is the classic graphviz-compatible output which is
> similar to the old OLSR output, and another JSON output.

Gabriel's response:

> *Gabriele Gemmi*:
>
> I think we should have a different representation for the topology
> information, i've made another pad to develop the json structure see:
> http://pad.eigenlab.org/p/netjson-topology

What do you think?

Please retain CC.

Federico