[Interop-dev] RFC: add parameter link-type

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Fri Aug 28 14:06:49 CEST 2015

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 8:28 PM, Bastian Bittorf <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> * Henning Rogge <(spam-protected)> [27.08.2015 19:20]:
>> maybe we could add a "type" flag to the header of the NetworkGraph
>> object that can be "link" or "node"...
>>
>> link data is link/interface specific, node data just cares about
>> connections between nodes.
>
> please write an example json.

{
"type": "NetworkGraph",
"protocol": "olsr",
"version": "0.6.6",
"revision": "5031a799fcbe17f61d57e387bc3806de",
"metric": "etx",
"router_id": "172.16.40.24",
"type": "node",
"nodes": [

versus

{
"type": "NetworkGraph",
"protocol": "olsr",
"version": "0.6.6",
"revision": "5031a799fcbe17f61d57e387bc3806de",
"metric": "etx",
"router_id": "172.16.40.24",
"type": "link",
"nodes": [

The first don't care about interfaces, just about routers and about
edges that telling the code that the two routers are somehow connected
by a single hop. You can get this kind of data from a single OLSR
node.

The second variant would have additional variables for the "edges"
that announce the outgoing interface, maybe the mac address of the
interface, and could even contain things like channel-frequency and
bandwidth. You need to query this data from all over the mesh.

Henning