[Interop-dev] RFC: add parameter link-type

Nemesis (spam-protected)
Thu Aug 27 14:35:07 CEST 2015

On 08/27/2015 01:47 PM, Henning Rogge wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 1:20 PM, Nemesis <(spam-protected)> wrote:
>> > Hey Bastian,

>> > would be interesting, we also have something like this in nodeshot and I
>> > guess other node-db have similar information too.
>> >
>> > Not sure if the routing protocols can know this information though, so
>> > it could be an optional attribute.
> This sounds more like an "interface" parameter than a "link" parameter
> and should be part of the DeviceConfiguration object.

Exactly, DeviceConfiguration has interfaces and interfaces at the moment
have a type attribute.

Although I think Bastian's request will come up again in the future,
itwill be a common feature request I guess, but it's ok, we don't have
to find all the answers right now, this has a lower priority than
getting the core objects right.

@Bastian: I think you understood the concept but I'll repeat it anyway
for readers of this list, NetJSON allows inserting custom properties, if
you add key/values in the "properties" object of each node/link,
netjsongraph.js will display them automatically, but an implementer
might also add a custom "type" property on the same level as "source"
and "target", and use that to add a CSS class on links and style the
class with CSS.
This way we can let everybody do interesting experiments, and if some
practices get widely adopted we candecide to standardize them.

Federico