[Interop-dev] Round 2: Network Device Config JSON Schema

nemesis (spam-protected)
Tue Nov 11 18:11:46 CET 2014

 On Mon, 10 Nov 2014 14:10:39 -0800, Mitar <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Hi!
>
>> Since it's common to name a firmware <my cool firmware name>OS I
>> thought
>> "os" would be enough. Managing only one attribute would be also
>> easier
>> from the point of view of a programmer who is implementing something
>> that deals with different device types.
>
> I think we should have separate things for hardware, OS/kernel, and
> version. In nodewatcher we have:
>
> "version":"git.1405894",
> "kernel":"3.10.49",
> "hardware":{
>     "board":"tl-wr741nd-v4",
>     "model":"TP-Link TL-WR740N\/ND v4"
> },
>
> Maybe we should rename kernel to "operating_system" or something like
> that.

 On the document we currently have:
 https://docs.google.com/document/d/13uNsnvV4lLjuAf1qXdztXp_kg_uzcfPwjaXGNmzarvE/edit

 "software": {
     "os": "ExampleOS",
     "os_version": "0.1",
 },

 Which I immagined to work this way:

 a box (physical or virtual) running ubuntu 14 lts:

 "software": {
     "os": "Ubuntu",
     "os_version": "14 LTS",
 },

 a wireless router with Libremesh:

 "software": {
     "os": "Libre-mesh",
     "os_version": "1 Beta",
 },

 a wireless router with vanilla OpenWRT stable version:

 "software": {
     "os": "OpenWRT",
     "os_version": "Barrier Breaker",
 },

 a wireless router with OpenWRT development version:

 "software": {
     "os": "OpenWRT",
     "os_version": "Barrier Breaker [revision 43236]",
 },

 I'm open for alternatives if you think there are better ones.

 Nemesis