[Interop-dev] OLSRd2 JSON APIs

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Tue Nov 11 12:55:45 CET 2014

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 12:34 PM, Baptiste Jonglez
<(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Note that the notion of "neighbour" may vary with the routing protocol.
>
> For instance, in Babel, a neighbour is a tuple "(link-local IPv6 address,
> interface)".

I have something exactly like this in OLSRd2, its called Link...

An entry in the "link set" is an OLSRv2 router on the other side of an
interface... you will have the (local) interface index, the other
sides linklocal IP and its main IP/router-id... and the neighbors of
the other side (neighbor detection gives you the two-hop neighborhood
in OLSR(v2) ).

the difference between neighbor and link in OLSR(v2) is that links are
interface specific and neighbors are not. So you can have two links to
the same neighbor.

> Additionally, each router has a unique Router-ID, which identifies routes
> originated by this router.  But if you have multiple interfaces, you may
> well have multiple neighbourhood relations with the exact same router.

Same for OLSR and OLSRv2. Each router has a main IP, which in theory
doesn't need to be routable (if each router announce a prefix which
includes the main-ip, there is no need to create a /32 or /128 route
for a main IP).

Henning Rogge