[Interop-dev] Round 2: Network Device Config JSON Schema

Nemesis (spam-protected)
Wed Nov 5 18:44:52 CET 2014

On 11/05/2014 06:38 PM, Jernej Kos wrote:
> Hello!
>
> On 05. 11. 2014 17:34, Nemesis wrote:
>> > Exactly.
>> >
>> > I need to read information from an existing network that I do not
>> > control (so i cannot configure myself).
> Ah! And this is what I was talking about in the first place, asking
> about whether this was a schema for monitoring. And everyone on the list
> was like "no no, this is for configuration". And I was confused but said
> ok, so you want only configuration. And then was even more confused when
> we again wanted to have these monitoring-related attributes :-)

I don't know why we can't understand each other.

I try to clarify.

My company acquires an existing network. I have to put the information
of this network (which I might know nothing about) in a database, to do
this I scan the network automatically to find ips and I try to acquire
information (interfaces, hardware properites) from each device and I put
this in my database.

I would not call this monitoring, nor configuration.

That's why I was calling network device representation initially.