[Interop-dev] openwifimap

André Gaul (spam-protected)
Tue Jul 30 11:33:43 CEST 2013

Hey Mitar,

Am 30.07.2013 11:18, schrieb Mitar:
> Do you take GeoRSS feeds as input as well?
>
> https://nodes.wlan-si.net/feeds/rss/active/

no, the openwifimap db itself cannot handle rss feeds. We want to keep
the db installation as simple as possible. Fetching rss feeds on the
openwifimap server would require another layer of software - now it's
only couchdb which makes it easy to setup, maintain and replicate.

How do you think about writing a small script that regularly fetches
georss and pushes it into the openwifimap db? A next step could then be:
set up an openwifimap instance for the wlan-slovenija community and let
it replicate with openwifimap.net.

cheers,
André

--