[Interop-dev] News and nodeshot

Federico Capoano (spam-protected)
Tue Oct 23 17:20:57 CEST 2012

I saw some interesting news so I thought I'd share my views.

The project of merging the different resources into one common project
evidently failed. It seems everyone prefers do it in the way they feel
more comfortable and there's nothing bad with that. We can learn a lot
from one another.

Some news about nodeshot:

  * there's a heavy refactoring (really starting from scratch again)
    going on which is taking in consideration the interesting features
    of the WIND project and the FunkFeuer nodeDB SQL scheme; I don't
    know when we'll finish it but hopefully somewhen in 2013

  * we have an android and an iphone app which should go live soon,
    hopefully we'll keep working on that too, at least I hope the GSOC
    students will put some effort in documenting and promote their code
    the code is here:
    https://github.com/ninuxorg/Android-Mobile-App
    https://github.com/ninuxorg/ninuxapp

  * there's a DNS app which got stuck because the refactoring is a bit
    too unstable, but hopefully we'll get some basic features working soon

  * there's a mailing list here:

  * and some basic documentation here:
    http://wiki.ninux.org/InstallNodeshot

  * I'm trying to stay in touch with other guys from other communities
    like Ralf from FunkFeuer, Pablo from Guifi and Theo from AMWN to
    catch up and share ideas and eventually work on a common API.

*Federico Capoano*
Web Designer & Web Developer
Portfolio/Blog: nemesisdesign.net <http://nemesisdesign.net>
Twitter: @nemesisdesign <http://twitter.com/nemesisdesign/>