[Interop-dev] Common API

Gui Iribarren (spam-protected)
Thu Nov 1 22:35:21 CET 2012

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 3:29 PM, Ralf Schlatterbeck <(spam-protected)> wrote:

>  - The elev in the Node in Federicos model is the height of the Node
>   above ground? We also have this as an optional attribute "height" in
>   "position". Nicolás also has this as elevation.
>   The term "elevation" might clash with the term "elevation angle" for
>   antennas... we name this "elevation" and it is an attribute of the
>   Antenna. (But it might mean we should rename our antenna attribute)

"Altitude (Alt), sometimes referred to as elevation," [0]

While elevation is a valid alternative, maybe "altitude" is less ambiguous?

Words are tricky...

Maybe even avoid elevation [1] altogether? (neither for altitude above
horizon, or for height above ground)

How about "metres above mean sea level" (amsl) [2]
In spanish (metros sobre el nivel del mar) is the most common way of
unambiguously describing height

[0]: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horizontal_coordinate_system
[1]: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elevation_%28disambiguation%29
[2]: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Above_mean_sea_level