[Interop-dev] working on the model

Ralf Schlatterbeck (spam-protected)
Wed May 23 13:33:50 CEST 2012

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 10:28:02AM +0200, Jernej Kos wrote:
> Hello!
>
> On 05/23/2012 08:34 AM, Ralf Schlatterbeck wrote:
> > As sent in private communication earlier, we have a database model
> > at https://github.com/FFM/FFM which includes a database model drawing in
> > the doc directory. Note that the drawing is not fully up to date now :-)
> >
> > The framework is at https://github.com/Tapyr/tapyr and uses
>
> No offense, but what is with all those underscores, three letter module
> names and weird model descriptions? This makes the code quite hard to read.

The naming scheme isn't CamelCase but (for class names) uppercase
letters separated with underscores.
The top-level modules use (usually) three letter acronyms because
they're used very often.

If you mean the leading underscores in the module names: We're using
some metaclass magic and it's a compromise to navigate namespaces
without underscores and have a single underscore in the import
statement. This generally avoids double names like e.g.
datetime.datetime

What do you mean with weird model descriptions?

What particular part do you find hard to read?

Ralf
--
Dr. Ralf Schlatterbeck                  Tel:   +43/2243/26465-16
Open Source Consulting                  www:   http://www.runtux.com