[Dump] [Babel-users] A Babel experiment at funkfeuer.at

Juliusz Chroboczek (spam-protected)
Tue Dec 23 16:22:23 CET 2008

> Ok. Perhaps this port should be recommended in the man page also ...

Yep.

>>   ssh -L 33123:ip6-localhost:33123 ...

> Anyway: It doesn't work either. On the router I get messages
> "channel 3: open failed: connect failed:" whenever I try to start telnet
> and telnet says:

Weird.  Works for me.

Are you sure you switched to 33123?

>>   darcs get http://www.pps.jussieu.fr/~jch/software/repos/BabelTool

> Hm, does it work with free java? (ie packages included in lenny-main)

I haven't tried.  I see no reason why it shouldn't work with openjdk, I'd
be surprised if it worked with gjc.

>> The port is hard-wired to 33123.

> Hm, makes it difficult to connect to several routers at the same time...

Alex, PJ, any comments?  Or are you too busy with your compilers project ;-)

>> [...] since SIT cannot carry IPv4, so it means that all the
>> infrastructure will need changing if you ever decide to switch to hybrid
>> routing.  I strongly recommend GRE

> I'll keep that in mind. But if we ever use babel to route real traffic
> (ideas which already brought some heated mails into my inbox) then the
> tunnels need to go away:

While I fully agree, I'd still recommend you go for GRE.  Transitions are
always more messy than expected, let's make it as easy as reasonable.

                                        Juliusz