[Discuss] Fwd: Letter to OLPC

Teemu Schaabl (spam-protected)
Do Okt 5 23:02:52 CEST 2006

hi,

da 0xFF ein - mbMn - sehr gesellschaftspolitisches Ding ist,
erlaube ich mir das hier weiter zuleiten; die Intention ist
eben nicht "Gratis Internet fuer die, die sich 500 euro (oder sO)
leisten koennen", sondern ein hoeheres. Traurig zu sehen,
welche Opfer manche bereit sind dafuer zu bringen,

vote with your money,
danke das Ihr mitmacht,

lg
teemu

----- Forwarded message from Theo de Raadt <(spam-protected)> -----

To: (spam-protected)
Subject: Letter to OLPC
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 11:50:54 -0600
From: Theo de Raadt <(spam-protected)>

I have decided to make public this letter which I sent to the OLPC
("One Laptop Per Child" group, which is strongly associated with Red
Hat.

There have been replies to it by both Jim Gettys (argueing that their
expediency is justified) and RMS (agreeing strongly with my point of
view), but I will not disclose their letters.

I am getting really tired of "open source" people who work against the
open source community.  Our little group can probably take credit for
having "opened up" more wireless devices than the rest of the
community, and therefore we feel we have a better grasp of the damage
OLPC has done here.  Our reverse engineering and documentation efforts
will in time help all free software projects.

Please take note, and publish if you wish.  Thanks.

---