[Discuss] CCC streams

Rama (spam-protected)
Di Jan 3 18:47:09 CET 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-03 at 14:22 +0100, erwin wrote:
> Rama wrote:
> > wow, it's very sad to see that ccc was using proprietary codecs on their
> > video streams...
> >

> the video streams were made by tu-ilmenau,
> not by the ccc

well.. sad from them then, anyhow, quite nasty that a hackers meeting
permits the use of shitty proprietary software to be used on their
support. it should be rejected in the first place. at least when there
are free tools which do the job perfectly fine.

the fact that a hackers meeting produces media which is not playable in
open/free systems (linux) is quite disgusting, quite against the
hacker's own ethic. that's not really freedom of information.

I just complain because I would like very much to see what happened
there, as I could not attend, and what? I need windoze to see it?
nee, crap.

sorry, this makes me on a bad mood... happy new year anyway
cheers