[Interop-dev] Round 2: Network Device Config JSON Schema

nemesis (spam-protected)
Tue Nov 11 18:26:32 CET 2014

 On Tue, 11 Nov 2014 18:22:30 +0100, Henning Rogge <(spam-protected)>
 wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 6:11 PM, nemesis <(spam-protected)> wrote:
>> "software": {
>>     "os": "OpenWRT",
>>     "os_version": "Barrier Breaker [revision 43236]",
>> },
>>
>> I'm open for alternatives if you think there are better ones.
>
> I must admit I don't really like the free-text version string... they
> are difficult to parse automatically.
>
> maybe something like this:
>
> software: {
>     "os": "OpenWRT",
>     "release": "Barrier Breaker",
>     "version": "19477def7aa",
>     "version_type": "git",
> }
>
> other version_types might be "svn" or "numeric version" (decimal
> numbers, divided by ".").

 Yes, I like this more.

 What in case of a stable version downloaded from the official
 downloads?
 Something like:

 software: {
     "os": "OpenWRT",
     "release": "Barrier Breaker",
     "version": "stable"
 }

 Or...?

 I should start writing these things in the README asap.